You will work together with co-workers to develop screening and drug discovery assays, using a combination of primary cell and 3D organoid models, molecular cloning and light-microscopy-based assays. Experience with and knowledge of 3D organoid culture systems are a must. As is experience with medium-to-high-throughput screening assays and drug discovery pipelines. Experience within the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus, but are by no means required. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates with a PhD degree, who are open to a challenging project, ambitious to apply for external grants, and interested to work in a vibrant, international and interdisciplinary environment.
The position is available within the Centre for Living Technologies as part of the recently established collaboration alliance between the UMC Utrecht and the universities of Utrecht, Wageningen and Eindhoven. The research is situated in the lab of Jeffrey Beekman within the department of Paediatric Pulmonology and the Regenerative Medicine Centre Utrecht (RMCU) but will mainly focus on collaboration projects within the alliance.
The following skills are a must have for the position:
- A PhD degree in biomedical sciences, molecular biology, drug discovery or related disciplines.
- Hands-on experience with organoid culture systems.
- Experience with medium-to-high-throughput screening assays and drug discovery pipelines.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work in a team.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
The following skills are a nice to have for the position:
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with molecular biological techniques, such as molecular cloning.
- Experience with light microscopy.
- Experience with pre-clinical research.
- Experience with Python and/or R.
We believe in the power of a diverse team in which there is room for different skills, expertise, and social and cultural backgrounds. We invite you to respond to this vacancy.
The maximum salary for this position (36 - 36 hours) is € 4.615,00 gross per month based on full-time employment.
In addition, we offer an annual benefit of 8.3%, holiday allowance, travel expenses and career opportunities. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Cao University Medical Centers (UMC).
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact prof. dr. J.M. Beekman, Hoogleraar Cellulaire ziektemodel, phone number: +31 (0)88 75 532 01, e‑mail adress: J.email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this jobopening is not appreciated.