We are looking for a Coordinator for 4PH, who together with the 4PH board members and a dedicated support team (e.g. communications and liaison officers), will help shape and implement the 4PH program, set-up the new 4PH programme structure and develop new collaborations in the field of preventive health. Your aim as a coordinator is to build a vibrant preventive health community within the EWUU Alliance. Also, your role is to ensure that new and existing research initiatives within the broad field of preventive health from within the Alliance will be successful, visible, and funded. You will closely collaborate with the senior researchers across the four knowledge institutes and liaise with your counterparts of the other EWUU Programmes. As the 4PH coordinator, you will have a role in further establishment of the 4PH program team and structure and the long-term research strategy, in consultation with key principal investigators in the Alliance.
Together with these principal investigatros and a small support team you will have an active role in initiating and implementing concrete research support activities to help build the 4PH. This entails many different aspects, ranging from match-making between researchers, research initiatives at the partner institutions, to forging public-private partnerships.
Other tasks are:
- map knowledge and innovation capacity within the EWUU Alliance, identifying and contacting researchers, visiting labs etc.;
- provide insight into opportunities and options for organizing projects and programs in research, innovation and education;
- connect with different stakeholders (industry, associations, government) and seeking their integration into programs and projects;
- support and coordinate researchers in their participation in 4PH (for example organizing matching events);
- organize and promote dissemination activities of the 4PH (for example, contribution to the website, social media, organization of symposia);
- provide information for monitoring progress of the 4PH program (for example, reporting).
Eindhoven University of Technology (TUe), Wageningen University (WUR), Utrecht University (UU) and University Medical Centre Utrecht (UMCU) have recently joined forces in the EWUU Alliance. The Alliance was established to develop solutions to societal challenges through scientific, educational, and public-private collaboration.
One of the strategic programs in the EWUU is the Program for Preventive Health (4PH). Together with other strategic programs on education, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Living Technologies (LT) and Circular Society, 4PH forms the long-term scientific focus of the EWUU. 4PH will seek to stimulate a new approach to tackling preventive health challenges by leveraging the complementary knowledge, resources, and expertise of the four collaborating knowledge institutes, with the goals to develop and exploit robust preventive health solutions for society.
We are looking for a coordinator who:
- has innovative ideas on further building and developing of 4PH within the EWUU Alliance;
- has a strong affinity with the field of preventive health, understands the complexity of the field and is eager to contribute to 4PH;
- will support the set-up of joint research programs;
- is willing to contribute to building a new team.
Given the focus area of 4PH for this position you need to:
- have a PhD degree (or MSc with relevant experience), preferably with a background in preventive health or life sciences, and with a minimum of 10 years experience;
- be able to build working networks across institutes;
- be able to construct inter- and cross-disciplinary networks;
- be able to work together with different stakeholders;
- have commercial awareness;
- have excellent communication, negotiation, collaborative and facilitation skills;
- have the strong ability to work and communicate across scientific disciplines and organisational cultures.
We believe in the power of a diverse team in which there is room for different skills, expertise, and social and cultural backgrounds. We invite you to respond to this vacancy.
The maximum salary for this position (32 - 36 hours) is € 6.122,00 gross per month based on full-time employment.
In addition, we offer an annual benefit of 8.3%, holiday allowance, travel expenses and career opportunities. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Cao University Medical Centers (UMC).
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Lucas Beekman, Projectleider, phone number: 06 31 11 77 57, e‑mail adress: L.M.P.Beekman@umcutrecht.nl.
Acquisition based on this jobopening is not appreciated.